The Top 10 Renovations that Are Sure to Save You Money
Selling a home? Click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation
Call us at (937) 432-2644 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation
Today I’d like to share an interesting video I found on HGTV. It documents the ten best renovations that you can make on your home that won’t cause you to go broke! Renovations can get expensive, but here are some ideas to help you get more bang for your buck.
9. Speaking of a retro feel, using vintage furniture and fixtures can look and feel great on your wallet.
7. Instead of ripping out your hardwood floors entirely, just replace the ones that cannot be used anymore. Lacing new boards in with old ones has an eye-catching look.
6. Changing the knobs on your cabinets and doors can create a whole different feel in a kitchen.
5. Instead of updating your entire bathroom, just refinish your tub. It makes everything else look new again.
4. Painting your home by yourself can be a huge money-saver.
3. Hiring a good Realtor can save you money as well. They know how to negotiate deals and get you the best price on a home that you’re buying or selling. Talk to me about this!
2. Waterproofing your roof can save you tons and tons of money down the road. Being proactive about major structural issues in your home is always a good idea.
1. The last couple saved nearly $20,000 renovating their home because they knew a good mill-worker. While I can’t promise that you’ll save that much, I do know good contractors that can offer you discounts on their services!
So, there you have it. Ten easy ways to save money while renovating your home. While these are all great ideas, I’d prefer if you spoke with me before you went about ripping up your house.
Not all renovations are necessary if you’re trying to get top dollar before a sale. Often times the most expensive renovations will not make you the most money back – if you get any money back at all.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions about this video, or if you have any Dayton real estate needs!