Before you move into your new home, consider doing these eight things first.
Once you’ve purchased a new home, there are some things you should do before moving in.
1. Get the locks changed. You never know who might have a spare key to the old locks.
2. Clean the new home. Even if the seller did some cleaning in preparation for showings, it’s important that you have your new home cleaned by a professional.
3. Get the ducts, furnace, and air filters cleaned and replaced.
4. Clean or replace the carpets. There might be lingering pet odors or spills that the naked eye can’t see.
“Let everyone know you’ve moved!“
5. Paint your new home. Painting the home is a great way to make the home feel like your own, instead of someone else’s.
6. Repair anything that needs to be fixed. There might be some things on the inspection sheet that you agreed to take care of. Make sure you do those things right away.
7. Purchase new appliances. It will update the look of your home instantly and make the kitchen feel fresh.
8. Send out new address cards. Let everyone know you’ve moved!
If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!